Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Visitors Welcome

Considering the fact that I am living in a different country I have still had quite a few visitors. Recently, my best friend Vicki came to stay. Some best friend huh? Vicki served her mission in São Paulo and was so excited to come back. I got to show her and some of her friends from work around Rio. I must admit it was fun to not be the tourist, and watch them see Rio for the first time. I of course took them to the Cristo, Pão de Acucar, Copacabana, and Leblon. They eved stayed at a hostel in a Favela which they loved. Vicki left on Sunday and on Monday came Veronica. Veronica is my “Brazilian mom”. I met Veronica when I was serving as a missionary in Fortaleza. Veronica is one of the most amazing and incredible people I know and I was so excited to have her come visit. Bruno Goulart, who also served in Fortaleza also knows her very well. So the two of us did our best showing Veronica the city. One of my favorite stops was the zoo. The bird area was my favorite. I saw colors that I only knew existed on pictures. The toucans and parrots, and macaws were breathtaking. It was so good to see Veronica again and I cannot wait till I get to go to Fortaleza to visit!

No comments: