Thursday, November 3, 2011

Aldeia Indignea

Today I had the most rewarding experience to visit an “indian reservation” here in Brazil. Few people are even aware that there are still Indians living in the state of Rio de Jeiro. We hiked about 3 miles up a steep mountain to this amazing reservation. The people of the village didn’t speak Portuguese but Guarani. They performed for us with their traditional dance and song. They showed us their village and their church. I even got to play soccer with a little boy, I guess soccer is the universal language. The purpose of this visit was to increase our knowledge about diversity. It was so interesting that we couldn’t communicate and how we tried our best to communicate with hand motions and pointing. I know it is cheesey but I felt so much love for those people, I love that they are working so hard to preserve their culture. As I was there I felt really blessed to feel a bit of the love that Heavenly Father has for all his children. They live in literally the middle of nowhere and Heavenly Father knows right where they are, and he speaks their language perfectly!

No comments: