Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Family

Recently I have started taking a cake decorating class and the dynamic of people is really fun. There are about 7 women in the class ranging from ages 23 to a woman in her 50's. They are all married and have children, so I feel like I am at such a different stage of life than them. Yesterday for some reason they all started talking about family dysfunctions. There were 3 girls who were talking very openly about their family struggles. I came home a little discouraged at how scary the world is and how our families are under attack every day from every angle. As I was driving home I just felt this overwhelming love for my family and the wonderful example they are to me. Don't get me wrong we have had our struggles but my family is my greatest blessing in my life and I do not know what I would do without them. I also feel a renewed appreciation for my major. Sometimes I feel like I have a "mormon major" and that I am studying to be a house wife or something but I am so excited to teach high school students about having succesful families. I know that if we fix our families we will fix our society and this is the right major for me.

No comments: