Friday, October 17, 2008

Come What May and Love It

Things have really not been going my way. In regards to Elder Wirthlins talk I am trying to think "Come What May and Love it". It seems hard to LOVE what has happened but I am trying to laugh at it. Lets see....got a expired registration ticket, I had to replace my tires because they were going to blow up, got into a car accident, the internet was down at work for 5 hours and I was the only receptionist there so I had to fix it(( I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THAT STUFF!) ,We have family pictures tomorrow and I still don't know what I am going to wear, and my brakes just started giving out. WOW this is scattered and while it may sound like I am complaining I am really trying to write it down to laugh about it. What a crazy week! There is some silver lining in this of course. The Lord is on my side! I did not get a speeding ticket, my tire didn't blow up, there was absolutley no damage in my car accident and I did not get a ticket, and I got to leave work early on Friday. I am definitley being looked after!

Gotta tell the story of the car accident...

So Friday October 17 I was driving to take my car to get the brakes fixed because the people who had fixed them had put in a faulty part. I was driving on 1-15, I got off the 7200 exit and stopped behind a blue Hyundai Sonata. I was adjusting my radio when I hear a loud thud. My car had rear ended that blue Sonata. I honestly do not know what happened, did my brakes slip? Did I take my foot off the brake? We pull over and the man in that blue car gets out and I get out. He says very calmly " Why did you have to do this, we are on our way to our funeral." I think to myself it is not as if I did it on purpose. I apologized to him and explained the situation with my brakes. It very well could have been my fault and no fault of the brakes. I told him that we could exchange information and that way he could get on and go to his funeral. He seems okay with the idea and so I start writing stuff down, then his wife gets out of the car. He tells her to get back in the car. She screams....NO! She stomps over to me. She starts screaming at me.... YOU @$#%@.....HOW COULD YOU DO THIS? ETC ETC ETC....LOTS MORE EXPLATIVES.... I could not believe this.....It was an accident...things happen. I apologized probably a hundred times. She clearly was not willing to accept my apology. She told me to #$%@ and at that point I lost it. Those things were horrible and I started crying and shaking. She got back in her car and her husband said he wanted to call the police. I did not want them to call the police because I was fearful that I would receive a ticket, but he insisted and told me it was illegal not too. We waited for the police to come and again this woman got out of her car and stomped over to me and repeated everything that she had said before and more....so much more, and then got back in her car. A couple minutes later she got out of her car and walked over again. Not again I thought but she gave me some half hearted aThe highway patrol came. I told them that this family was on their way to a funeral and that I would stay as long as needed but it would be great if we could get them on their way. The highway patrol said this man worked for them so they could not stay so a different then a Midvale police officer came. I explained everything to them and again asked if this family could leave for their funeral. My mom was following a few minutes behind me to take me home after we dropped off the car. She came to the scene and talked to the man and asked him if there was any damage, he told her "there was no damage and that the car was good to go, but their necks hurt". What a load of crap! I was not going more than 2 mph and there was no paint exchanged. I filled out a police report and so did they. They claimed damage to their necks but they were denied medical. I did not get a ticket, and my sister says calling the police protects me so here's to an horrible experience.

1 comment:

squirrelyearl said...

Ha, I can relate. I had my fair share of problems shortly before my mission: totaled a car, got a speeding ticket, girlfriend broke up with me. It was all loads of joy. I'm sure you'll be great though Kimber!