Monday, October 6, 2008

Football Game










After two complete shut outs by my # 8 BYU Cougars a few members of my family decided to take a trip to Logan to watch the Cougars maul the aggies. It was such an adventure! I was following Bryan and Emily to Ogden but somehwere around Layton they called me to say that they forgot the tickets and they were going to turn around and go back to Spanish Fork. Luckily we called the BYU ticket office to see if they could just reprint our tickets at the stadium and surprisingly they were SO helpful! In all my past experience with the BYU ticket office they have been rude and very frustrating but Saturday they were extremely helpful. Halfway through my conversation with them my phone starts beeping at me telling me it is going to die. Why is it that my phone always dies at the most inconvienent times? I ran into a motel and after some strange looks they let me use their plug. We finally got to Logan and got into the stadium with no hang ups. After we walked in Emily and I kept commenting on we felt like it was such a miracle to have made it in. The stadium was so fun and it reminded me of a High School Stadium in Texas. They just looked at our tickets and did not scan them in like all of the other stadiums I have been too. Well the game was so fun at first and then I started to feel a little bit bad for Utah State, but then BYU played the worst that I have ever seen, ( my little brother Mark said that I should be grateful that I didn't know the Crowton Era). Pretty incredible that we can play that poorly and still win by 20 points. It was a fun game at the end with all the fans around us going crazy and I even ran into Reno Mahe. I was surprised to see that we didn't drop in the polls.

2 comments:

B +E + L said...

Wow, that was crazy! Hooray for our last road trip hooray.

squirrelyearl said...

Very grateful you didn't experience the Crowton era...